- Keep the roof valleys clean. A build-up of leaves and debris can create a natural dam. The back-up of water can result in roof leakage.
- Attic vents and/or louvers are provided to properly ventilate the house. Please review them seasonally for correct operation.
- Black streaks on your gutters are normal. These streaks are from weathering.
- Check inside attic for signs of roof leaks. Be extremely careful not to damage or disturb electrical wiring or plumbing pipes that may be in the attic
- Vents should remain unobstructed year-round. Your home has soffit vents and they should be cleared of debris. Also, check that these vents have not been stepped on and deformed. Excessive heat build-up in the attic is usually caused by blocked air vents. This condition can be resolved by clearing all obstructions away from the vents to allow proper heat release.